Evening my skin tone has been something I’ve been trying to accomplish for years. Of course there’s countless creams, foundations, concealers and highlighters out there to correct this problem but we all know beauty is only skin deep. Here are the steps I’m going to take to even out my skin tone:
– Exfoliation: exfoliating will slough off the dead skins cells which can make your complexion dull. I don’t recommend exfoliating every day, instead every other day or every two days. Too much exfoliation can irritate your skin and cause redness, unless your using a very mild exfoliator.
– Water: the old rule to ‘drink 8 glasses a day’ is kind of irrelevant at this point in my opinion. How many different sizes/types of glasses does everyone have in their own house nowadays, much less the world. What I’m going to do instead is drink at least one bottle of water per day, which has also been instrumental in my weight loss journey (I’m planning another weekly challenge for that too).
I made myself a scrub that I’ll be using every other day this week and most likely this will be an on going thing. I’m not a fan of exact measurements (math was never my thing) but here’s the approximate measurements:
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey- honey is an anti-bacterial, anti-viral, antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-fungal.
- Half a lemon- Also an antibacterial, lemon prevents sunburn and is great against acne because it removes excess oil and toxins (it also helps if you consume lemon on a regular basis). It’s also high in Vitamin C
- 2.5 tablespoons of raw sugar- This will be your exfoliator (obviously), I chose to use sugar but oatmeal is a popular alternative especially if you want something you can use everyday.
It yields a small bowl, which I mixed up with a fork. I used it for the first time this evening and while I don’t see a huge difference in my skin tone yet, I do feel a difference. My skin is softer all over, even where I’m breaking out. It’s also a bit brighter. And the fact that the scrub smells delish didn’t hurt either!
Later down the line I’m sure this scrub will evolve, but for now I’m liking the results. If you have any suggestions for ingredients or other good scrubs for evening skin tone, eliminating blemishes or reducing acne feel free to share 🙂 Happy Toning guys!